If you’re looking for some old school quality fuzz action, you’ve come to the right place. Sof at Expresso FX has been building excellent and faithful versions of the classics for a few years now, often with welcome additions. The MKI is an early classic and this version has the (centre) external Bias control which is an option you can choose when you order. Other specifications include…
• Aluminum enclosure professionally powder coated in Gold finish. These are very durable and absolutely gorgeous enclosures.
• A set of hand selected NOS germanium transistors; please refer to the website for more information on the currently used transistors.
• NOS Mullard “Mustard” C296 polyester capacitors.
• Philips electrolytic capacitors.
• NOS Allen Bradley carbon composition resistors.
• Genuine premium Carling or Alpha footswitch.
• Premium Cliff UK jacks.
• Alpha 16mm potentiometers.
• Premium 22 AWG solid core Silver plated copper wire with Teflon insulation, for
superior signal transmission.
• Audio-grade shielded wire.
• Lead free, Silver based solder.
• True bypass.
• Fully hand wired.
• 3 years warranty.
Dimensions: 120 x 94.5 x 34mm (W x D x H).
For this video I ran the Fuzz Bender MKI straight into the input of my Marshall SV20H Normal Channel, fairly clean. If you want to hear what it sounds like to the front end of my Axe-FX III running a JTM45 model, go https://youtu.be/ELrY68izGf0 to for a similar video.
“La Acoustic (Jam Track) by Guthrie Govan from Guthrie Govan’s Late Night and Melodic Sessions – jtcguitar.com